ELECTRICITY INTERRUPTION ON 21 OCTOBER 2018
Residents are advised of a proposed electricity shutdown on
SUNDAY, 21 OCTOBER 2018, between the hours of 08h00 and 16h00, in various areas of Nelson Mandela Bay, caused by the temporary shutdown of the College Drive Substation, to allow repairs and maintenance to be carried out on a local transformer.
Areas affected: Mill Park, St. Georges Park (only end of College Drive Road), Glendinningvale, Greenacres, Scotstown.
Streets affected: Ascot Road, Barris Walk Street, Bradshaw Street, Churchill Road, College Drive, Conyngham Road, Cape Road, Dene Road, Fairford Road, Highbeech Road, Lenox Street, McLean Road, Mill Park Road, Mortimer Road, Nightingale Street, Ramsay Lane, Salisbury Avenue, Wares Road, Way Avenue, Wembley Road, Westview Drive, Woodville Road, Young Road.
All installations must be treated as live for the duration of the outage. - Apologies are tendered for any inconvenience caused.
COEGA INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE
The 11 500 hectare Coega Industrial Development Zone
(IDZ) presents one of the most modern industrial development opportunities
South Africa has seen. As a project designed to meet the needs of manufacturers
in a global market-place, the IDZ is becoming a prime Southern Hemisphere focus
area for foreign direct investment. The
Coega Development Corporation (CDC) is the developer and operator of the Coega
IDZ. 24 companies have invested to date,
with a total investment value of over R3 Billion.
SOME BENEFITS OF
INVESTING IN COEGA ARE:
- Access to industrial standard water supplies;
- Availability of skilled labour;
- Centre of east-west trade routes;
- Clustering of industries;
- Competitive skilled labour costs;
- Comprehensive database of environmental, geological and
logistics studies to fast-track the construction of factories, warehouses and
- Customer secure manufacturing and warehousing;
- Dedicated deep-water port with purpose-built container,
bulk and break-bulk terminals;
- Existing logistics infrastructure, including road, rail,
sea, telecommunications and air links;
- Falls in European time zone;
- Inter-modal transportation linkages;
- Language of business is English;
- Low land costs;
- Lower US import tariffs through the American Growth and
Opportunity Act (AGOA), which favours
- African countries;
- One-stop investment service from the CDC;
- Outside of dollar and Euro zones;
- Preferential access to European markets;
- Protection of intellectual property rights;
- Purpose-built, world-class infrastructure;
- Sharing of resources to minimize costs;
- Sophisticated banking infrastructure;
- World’s most competitive energy costs;
- World-class environmental policies and standards; and
- Compliance with ISO 14001.
NELSON MANDELA BAY
The Nelson Mandela Bay Logistics Park, managed by the
CDC, provides infrastructure and services to the motor industry in the Nelson
Mandela Bay area. By providing integrated logistics services and
infrastructure, the Logistics Park assists the automotive manufacturers to
reduce manufacturing costs and improves suppliers’ competitiveness.
041 503 7540
041 503 7509
041 503 7502
- Retention Assist